NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams Review: Addis Ababa, Prague and Monte Carlo
MRP: Rs. 750. I guess the price has been revised as last year I got Monte Carlo at Rs. 570 from Sephora.
Formula: Moderately Drying
Availability: At Sephora Stores and online at Amazon India: http://amzn.to/1PtzdCi
These are neither lip gloss nor lipsticks. These lip colors are one of a kind and you will feel them silky smooth on your lips. Its been an year since I am using Monte Carlo and I am truly deeply and madly in love with the color, texture, staying power and its feather like feel on lips. I was looking to buy other colors as well but they were never available in Sephora, they are the most FAST SELLING item in Sephora. Anyway I got Addis Ababa and Prague NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams from a local store here and been wearing them quiet a lot as these two shades are perfect for summers. Below are the Swatches of all three shades:
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Addis Ababa: Addis Ababa is fuchsia pink color with blue undertones. Perfect color for summers and daytime look.
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Prague: Prague is plum shade, again a perfect shade for summers and daytime look.
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Monte Carlo: Monte Carlo is a berry tone red color. Perfect for evening look with smoky eyes.
The pics will give you a clear picture of packaging, the sponge applicator is very user friendly and gives very even application on lips. The texture is very smooth and glides easily on lips. The formula can be an issue for the girls having dry lips as it accentuates the fine lines/dry patches and makes the lips dry after 4-5 hours of wear time. These soft matte lip creams do not feel heavy on lips, a fact that is such a PLUS for me as I do not like Lipsticks or Lipgloss that feel heavy on lips. The most POSITIVE ASPECT is the Finish, NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams have Satin Matte Finish which is best in all the Liquid Lipsticks I have tried so far. I am quickly Summing up all the pros and cons here.
- Sleek Packaging which is easy to carry and colored tube helps in Easy Recognition of Color.
- Lightweight and Creamy Texture.
- Glides Smoothly on Lips.
- The applicator provides a precise finish and is very easy to use.
- Highly Pigmented, one swipe covers the lip perfectly.
- Long wearing, provides 6-7 hours of wear time.
- Survives the meals and snacks, you may need little touch up around the corner and middle of the lips.
Gives a nice glow to the face.
- These colors will suit most of the Skin Tones.
- Touch-up and Re-application is easy as these does not get patchy.
- The Formula is not immensely dry.
- Does not Transfer on Cups/glasses.
1. Not an ideal formula and texture for Severe dry lips. You need to exfoliate your lips and moisturize them before the application.
2. Accentuates the Lip Lines after few hours of Wear time.
My Verdict: 4.5/5. I am totally in Love with these Matte Lip Creams and Recommend all Makeup lovers to atleast try one shade from this range. I can guaranty that you will love them. However, the Beauties with severe dry and chapped lips are advised to stay away from these Lip creams.
PS: I love to find Little notes and comments from you all. Please drop them!! I really appreciate you taking the time out to share your views. Love you 🙂